We always ask; who is the best? Who are the best Boxers, Kickboxers, Mai Thai fighters, etc?
Should be a person who we can say that he’s the best? And if so, how he looks like? as a result of that people by the human nature like the idea of one idol, they always trying to determine who is the best, but the fact is each group of people having their own idol, and they argue with others to prove that their idol is the best. The strange thing is if you listen to any group of them, they can convince you of their point of view!
Personally, if you ask me who is the best Kickboxer ever? My answer always will be “It depends!”, Because the best fighter choice will vary according to the criteria that we’ll choose accordingly.
let’s say that We’ll choose the one who’ve never lost, maybe we will find one who never lost any of the 30 fights that he fought, but can we say that he is better than who played 50 fights and lost once!?
If we will choose the highest KOs ratio, maybe we’ll find someone who has 100% KO percentage of the 10 fights he won out of 20 fights he fought.
Therefore, I spent a lot of time thinking about the criteria that I can choose the best fighters accordingly, I found that 2 common factors are the most important for all the fight sports fans, so I selected my top 10 accordingly, and hereunder those 2 factors.
- The percentage of wins out of total fights.
- The percentage of wins by KO, for sure all of us love to see KOs!
Hereunder the way I used to select and sort the top 10 kickboxers
- Collected a big list of all the kickboxers who played at least 50 fights.
- Chose the 10 highest percentage of wins.
- Used the points method to sort them, by giving each of them a score from 1 to 10 according to his wins percentage, then another score from 1 to 10 for the KOs percentage out of his wins, then I compiled the 2 scores and sorted them according to the total score. Ex. The score of a fighter is 15 (8 wins score + 7 KOs score).
N.B. I added the raw data that I used at the end of the blog, you can take a look at it.